View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 04:24 PM

I know that beggars cant be choosers, but last year the guy released the birds at Bigelow in many different areas. This year they are always near the parking areas.

There is many acres that take a 1/2 hour to walk to where there was always birds for those willing to make the effort. I have walked these areas at least once a week and the dogs have never once even got birdy. It is a damn shame as it is some of the best habitat on the property.

I always manage to get some birds but always near the truck. It must be a new guy this year and perhaps he doesn't know the extent of the property??

On a more positive note, I have seen several large wild looking roosters on the hi-ways far from the release sites from a couple to many miles. One big fellow I saw today was nothing short of impressive with a very long tail. He was in front of a farm house where the people are perhaps helping him out a bit. A beautiful critter to see and hopefully the mild winters will continue to allow them to take root and flourish.