View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Target practice or competition

(1.1) In the case of an authorization to transport issued for a reason referred to in paragraph (1)(a) within the province where the holder of the authorization resides, the specified places must include all shooting clubs and shooting ranges that are approved under section 29 and that are located in that province.

Taken directly from the Firearms Act.

I would find it hard to prove your innocence when going against the approved list of ranges to transport your firearms to.
Your property would more then likely not be approved by the CFO, but maybe you did get it approved.

While the law does not specifically state you cannot shoot your Restricted firearm on your property, I doubt a Judge would side with your case if your back yard was not an approved range under section 29.

It would be up to the letter of section 29 and how interpretive the Judge would be that day. You would also open yourself up to a few other charges of found guilty.
I may not agree with the laws or the way they are written. But I do think the CFO can allow more freedom with in our Province as to firearms use. Thus lead the way in Canada for Firearm Reform.