View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 02:54 PM

Default Jasper fishing in July

Good Day All.

Doing a "bucket list" cheapo camping trip for 5 days in Jasper. I must say, I am very excited!! We got one of the last sites for the time we wanted before the AB. Budget came out with the increase! I will be going with my adult Son, have a 9 ft Pelican Tender, electric motor, batteries etc.
I tried looking on-line for info on the area. It's pretty sparse other than the older AO forum responses! LOL.
I have read that there can be many people congregating in areas close to campsites and rivers, throwing rocks etc. Not the best for fishing. I have never been up that way and will probably never be able to go back again. I have heard that the second week of July that the rivers may still be running high. So, I guess it's lakes unless we have an early Spring run-off. We would very much appreciate info on the area, maybe a couple of spots that won't be overrun with people, flies to use, possible hatches so I can tie in advance etc.
Not asking for anyones "Honey Holes" but would like to catch some trout. Not really a Pike fisherman but would consider it if suggested. I have access to belly boats to bring as well if there is something "just down that road" to hike into. With my age getting up there, my abilities are not that of a 20 year old anymore. So, hikes of shorter distance, like less than 10kms return would be doable if it were via a good trail or road. I can feel my knees crying already! Haha.
Would any of you be so kind as to point us in the right direction (best areas of Maligne Lake for this time of year maybe) and provide some advice to prepare for the area and hopefully a have great holiday with my Son and catch a few fishies?
PM me if you prefer.
To all the wonderful people here, wishing you a great day, the best of health and my thanks in advance to those that answer.
FHD...aka Rick