View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiekid View Post
I was thinking of going hunting for WT in Willmore in a couple of weeks. My wife is going to join me for the first time ever and I wanted to check out some place new and quiet. Unfortunately the week I set aside for scouting the area this year got taken up by a last minute provincial exam I had to study for.

I generally hunt 410 & 316 as I live in Canmore and those seem to be the closest opportunities, but I hunted both zones hard last year and only had two bucks walk by. I ended up with a nice 5 * 5 but pretty much at the 11th hour.

I am thinking of maybe heading to WMU 339, it looks decent, all public land and is open for the last week of September. Plus there are some supplemental tags.

What's it like out there? I have most of a week so I will have time to move around and check out the area. I don't have horses or machines and my little Mazda is 4*2. I generally just walk most of the day, maybe too much for Whitetail deer hunting. Any time I tell people I am thinking of Willmore for WT they generally just raise their eyebrows.

Happy hunting

if it has rained at all I would not try to drive into rock lake to access the willmore. It is 45mins to 1hr drive on a good day down the gravel road their. As for white tails i don't know if I would go their. I have seen them in the east part of 440 and that is normally were i like to hang out.

Gbuss