View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I had a 7mag and sold it. Was never a fan of it. My personal opinion is for the small gain in velocity and energy you pay for it in recoil, the necessity to have a longer barrel to actually benefit from the extra powder and of course the cost being a magnum. For me personally it doesn’t make it worthwhile to own one. Now I hunt only with a .308 and have not had any issues. For the animals you mentioned a .308 will be more than adequate no point beating yourself up with a magnum and carrying the longer barrel to get the same results. Of course that’s my opinion only.

Kinda meh. My 7mm's don't kick any harder than my 270's but rifle brand, stock style, weight and fit has everything to do with it. 7RM, 30-06 and 270wsm recoil is a wash with 270 and 308 a pound or 2 less all shooting similar loads.

Only 7mm recoil that ever made me pay attn was a TIKKA T3 and I'd never own one in anything over 6.5 for that reason. Just horrible considering 7mm is still a decently mild recoil.

7STW is a whole different breed of course. Best of the 7's imo.