View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

one last thing my brotha's......there is nothing lazy about bowhunting period imo....the crossbow is no different, might shorten your rangework time a bit in the pre-season but all that scouting/hunting/treestanding/blinding/hiking/scent control blah blah blah....those 99 million other things that separates the talented hunters from the masses etc......its still the same range you need to get within, sure the elite will learn their equipment further than the masses....no different with any other tool....but the elite with compounds will run right with the elite with crossbows for range, the elite killers with compounds will be just as elite if you put a crossbow in their hands....not more effective....because its 99% hunter and 1% tool

and the kind of work that goes into say getting inside of 50 yrds of game and for the trophy guys....inside say 50 yrds (just overall average number i pulled from a hat that will apply to both bows...proven/documented...look it up if you don't believe me) of the big trophies.....is the kind of work that doesn't fit the term 'lazy'

its bowhunting no matter how you slice it, shaving a bit of range time doesn't make you lazy as thats really nothing as compared to what it takes to consistently get inside bow range of game.....and as said so many zillions of times....the most hardcore of us will be shooting compounds anyhow....i doubt you'll see anywhere near the amount of high end talent taking up crossbows as you will with compounds....so the old realestate addage of 10% of the realtors make 90% of the money will still hold true....the most killingest of trophy hunters among us will almost certainly still be doing it with compounds....the more hardcore among us will be using the compounds imo