View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
"Multiple archery opportunities at elk"...showoff....id be happy with one in a decade

Best thing as always is to shoot a bunch of bows and see what feels good. Perhaps meet up with a trad club if there is one in your area. Some people say it's a huge jump, some say it's relatively simple to learn.

Making your own IS a huge jump. I've researched this, and while the topic is fascinating it would be very time consuming, and it's likely you need a solid understanding of how that particular style of bow should shoot to make a good one.
Ha ha, not meant to show off but I have been fortunate to locate a honey hole with lots of bulls. Just no large ones. Most of the time it's quite easy to get in on several bulls under 30 yards and the idea of a traditional Hunt sounds quite appealing.
Are there any suggestions on what draw weight would be best? I am certainly strong enough however don't need to prove anything with draw weight and I think the more fun to shoot the more often I will. What is sufficient? And I can use until I am older? If the draw weight is too light does that severely impact longer shots of 40 yards?