View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Default it does affect me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar270 View Post
Ok, just because you think they are reasonable, since they obviously don't effect you, doesn't mean they are. I'm tired of people being so willing to restrict other peoples freedoms because it doesn't effect them. We got a body armor ban because most people don't own it or care to. I don't have any or care to either, but I'm ****ed as hell that our government decided to ban it.

You are so selfish about your hunting season you are wanting to restrict someone elses enjoyment. I'm the guy that has been asking for handgun hunting with AFGA forever, I am not asking for a special season, I'd be quite happy to be out there hunting beside rifle hunters with my handgun. While on the topic, I have never seen rifle seasons being shrunk, they have added other seasons, but rifle seasons have never been shortened since I started hunting. In fact in the CWD zones the Season was lengthened by 20 days, more if you consider they have added Sunday hunting in that time too.

By the sort of logic you seem to use, I should lobby to ban semi auto's for bird hunting, after all I use a sxs or o/u and find two shots quite adequate for my uses, I don't have any need for a semi, or even a pump with the extra shots, so if they restricted them and you could only use them at the range should I support that, since it doesn't adversely effect me?

You better take a serious look at what your saying, and contemplate how long you would be hunting and shooting at all if everyone took the same sort of view you do. Remember all the whining about how we are deregistering high power SNIPER RIFLES, in case you missed it, that is your bolt action deer rifle.
I am handgun owner and love to shoot them - shot IPSC for years, poorly but still enjoyed it. Selfish - no we were asked for an opinion. You got it.
Re the handgun hunting - that is not a freedom; nor can we say it is my right to do so. I would be willing to accept it as long as the hunter would be able to pass a proficiency test; seems to be a reasonable idea. The notion that a hunter can hit what he is aiming at, recognizing that shooting a handgun accurately is a difficult thing to do. Much more so than my bolt gun. Sorry to have crawled so far down your craw - my comments were towards who gets to hunt during peak times - especially elk - its not a long gun hunter.