Thread: slave lake
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrance Fishburn View Post
Ya that would not be a lot of fun. Good thing we have the sled, im not worried about it plowing through water and slush although getting all our gear from the truck might be cumbersome. What about tire chains? Buddy has a lifted truck with some pretty meaty tires. I don't know if there was as much snowfall at this lake or not.
If there is a trail that is in reasonable shape you should be fine, I just wouldn't be bombing all over the lake with the truck and if you are covering new ground I would be following the sled at a reasonable distance so if he hits something soft he can signal you or you will see it in his tracks.

Tire chains would definitely help if you have them. With 3 feet of ice up north the problem isn't usually breaking through and losing your vehicle, it is just getting stuck in which chains would obviously help(as would trucks with extra clearance, good winter tires etc).

Take a tow strap and shovels too. Hopefully you won't need any of that stuff but it is always better to have it then wish you did.