View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:35 PM

Default Help! Alberta Tenant/Landlord Act

Hello, everybody I am dreading to know on what to do. It's Friday night and I can't wait for Monday to call for Legal Professional help.

I am renting a house in Alberta and I thought I found the perfect renter so I decided to go through them so I asked to get a lease signed and asked for a security deposit they asked for extension and said that 20th they'll come up with it, so fast forward 20th comes and we had signed a lease and I received Security deposit.

This morning no sorry no nothing just told me that they can't move in on the agreed date of July 1st because there current place wouldn't let them go because they didn't given landlord a months notice. (This even shouldn't be my problem)

The Lady now is asking for her money back and was even saying she called this and that and I can't keep her money because lease or whatever doesn't cover that.

I reserved the whole month for them and could've even found a renter but I waited for them.

I am having a terrible head ache with this people. Please help me have a good sleep tonight anybody that knows this by heart please tell me what to do.

Thank you very much.