View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta_bha View Post
I agree that additional enforcement is needed across the board. We do agree that the province needs to do better, and the OHV community needs to (and who admitted as much) needs to better regulate their "bad apples", as the AOHVA president eloquently put it.

As for the ban (by which you are referring to Castle), obviously we disagree, but I'm not going to re-hash the same arguments that all sides have been having for the past few months.

When you say "equally vast that are not open to quadding", which lands are you referring to? Considering that 93% of Alberta public land that is considered open-use, including OHV, I'm curious as to what you mean. Are you referring to the National and Provincial parks, or private land?

https://albertawilderness.ca/wordpre...nd_open_ab.pdf

This above map was compiled using AEP geodata, which is freely accessible from the province.
The vast areas are those not available and not accessible by OHV. Just because OHVs are allowed, it does not mean they are there.

And as far as disagreeing going, I would love to open up the discussion because nobody has come forward with a good reason for the OHV ban. What is your excuse for supporting it?