View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I agree with this, it is well stated. I know people who do exactly as you say, and you would never know they used it....but part of that is because they are really respectful of where they smoke it too (not being secretive, just aware that some people don't like the smell and I put myself in that category. I hate cigarette smoke too, but I enjoy a Dominican cigar on occasion myself. I always try to be sensitive of those around me, to not have my smoke blowing at them).

There is the 'other side' though Bob, I personally have the unfortunate circumstance of having to work with another crew of tradespeople who reek like pot the moment they show up to work (and they have embarrassed me a couple times, meeting with me and clients like this)....they smoke at coffee break, they smoke at lunch, they smoke at coffee break, they smoke before they head home after work, and I assume they smoke when they get home and before they go to bed. I learned my lesson the first time I knocked on the window of their truck and they rolled it down to talk to me, I almost gagged.

So while the stereotype may not be fair to all, there is a reason the stereotype exists....as always, some making the whole look bad. I personally don't care if people use it recreationally, after a productive day of work and contributing as you said...We both know I enjoy a good scotch, each to his own. But I do have issue with those who are perpetually high...even if they are 'high functioning stoners' who do good work while high. Sobriety on the job site is a safety issue for me.
By all means I agree 100% Twisted! I get grossed out hard when that stinky chain smoker who seems to just absorb tobacco smoke into every pore of his body comes in breathing cigarette breath in my face too and I do everything in my power to remove myself from the "zone of grossness" before I hurl, or the guy who seems to think it is okay to walk into my shop and light up a smoke with no regard to those around him. That said, a whiff of cigarette smoke doesn't make me upset or anything. I just need to remove myself from the overload of it.

Everybody should think about those around them before doing anything that not everyone may appreciate. I am just like you. If I smoke a cigar, it is out on my own deck, or at a place with others who partake or don't mind. If I am enjoying a scotch or 4, it is my own home or only outside my home if I don't have to drive anywhere. If I have a puff I am not doing so at the expense of everyone around me.

My point was more to contradict the perceived implication that everyone who smokes cannabis is a deadhead, or is inconsiderate of others, or is dangerous to society, and that said idea is just plain wrong. Sure there are potheads who are oblivious to others around them, and wrongly so, but just as true there are many non-pot smokers that are just as useless and oblivious to their impact on others. My issue is simply labeling the cannabis users as the scourge of society rather than just singling out the person that is a jerk and acknowledging that some of us can use it and be good, hard working people, and in fact that describes the vast majority of us.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23

Last edited by tirebob; 10-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.