Thread: Vanity gold
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyechaser View Post
What ever works eh. Always seems to take a while for newer strategies to take hold here.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Lindy rigging and bouncers became popular up here in the mid to late eighties when the tournaments started and that is when I started using them. I think its easier to cast/troll plugs and spoons but because it is so difficult to pull these at a precise depth and speed they were not really popular on the tournament trail.

Spoons and cranks will catch fish without a doubt but my experience for the majority of the time rigs and live bait will outfish cranks/spoons at least 5 to 1 and even higher in tough conditions, but there are always exceptions.

For me going walleye fishing and not using a lindy or spinner rig would be like going fishing without sonar/GPS, you will still catch fish but your success will be far far less. IMO there is no greater "search" presentation for walleye than a bouncer rig, varying speed and depth while staying in the strike zone is such a versatile presentation. It is especially effective in the spring and fall transition seasons when walleye can be spread out.