View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You do.....since when?

WRT to Outdoors associations that represent us......All of them have their own agenda and you chose the association based on their agenda. If you want more catch and release "quality" bodies of water that are closed to fishing in the winter, join TU. If you only care about more opportunity for bow hunting with conventional archery equipment, then join the ABA. If you want more mandatory trapper training courses, then join the ATA. If that fits with your beliefs then join them. Personally, I won't support an association if I don't agree with their agenda but I have no interest in the social aspect of them.

IMO in some instances these special interest associations can be harmful to outdoors activities and the closest fit for me would be the AFGA that has the interests of all outdoors men in mind. Even then, when your chapter President doesn't have to bring forward the concerns of the membership if he doesn't want to, there are issues with it as well.
This is likely the only answer. All hunters, fishermen and trappers must stand united. The different organizations need to be united as well or we all lose.