View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Ever looked into the Blue Seal program? Business degree basically based of your Red Seal experience. Only 2 years I think. Been a while since I looked at the program. Still have it in the background of my mind as another step I may take. Get off the tools! Get paid for your brain, not your back if you can! May not be too bad being in your mid 20's, but it can catch up quick. I'm 36 now, and I can't imagine if I had stayed working the field/shop floor. My body hates me already. Big props to the guys who bust their arses their entire career. My dad was one of those guys. If you can better yourself, do it! Maybe look at certificates that don't usually take much schooling, but can add a ton of value to a resume and company. For example, I am a certified over head crane trainer (not just operator ticket). Only a 5 day course, and I can run my own classes to train people, and issue a MHSA certification ticket. I have a bunch of other things like that under my belt, just keep increasing your value.... Personal tickets don't mean too much, but when it qualifies you to qualify others, much more valuable to a company.
The Blue Seal is just a certificate. I did mine a while back at NAIT took me 3 months of night classes and weekends.