View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
All kidding aside, a nice little 5th wheel can be had for quite cheap now, I have a 26' that will be for sale in the spring that is half ton towable. They offer the best room, are easiest to tow and maneuver, (or is that peopleuver, thanks Trudope) and you can put a boat behind them.
I thought long and hard about buying one pretty much all winter/spring last year. I saw decent shape 20 some foot 5ers go for $3-5k on local classifieds but just couldn't pull the trigger on one. A guy doesn't want anything more than a small single axle, 12' thing that isn't a tent trailer (never liked those much) but then they end up not being much cheaper than getting a similar shape 5er. Just hard to deny the better bang for your buck the 5th wheel gives you, especially if you already have the truck to pull one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I will be camping out of my truck bed and canopy this year.

There are all kinds of videos on YouTube on how to do this.

My god " Vanlife" is an actual thing.

Search truck camping or other along those lines.
I do like the idea of truck bed with a canopy. Buddy did that at BVJ couple years back and I thought it was brilliant.