View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
A woman was killed near here a few years ago by a big rock tossed out of the wheels of a logging truck. Went through the windshield and smashed her head. She was passenger, husband driving, kids in the back. They all must have PTSD.

FWIW, logging truck drivers are supposed to check all wheels before going on the highway.
That nearly happened to me outside of Hinton. Can't remember if it was a logging or gravel truck, but the rock that hit my windshield filled the entire cab of the vac truck I was driving with glass shards, and a 4" wide rock chip on the glass right in front of my forehead.

I didn't get all the shards out of my hair for a week or 2. Cut myself on glass shards trapped in my backpack months later. Closest I have come to death in my estimation. Elevated heartbeat for the next 7 hours until I made it home. Windshield was toast when I got back, soft to the touch, and there must've been 6-7 cracks full width of the windshield that spidered out. Rocks on highway are no joke in any capacity, especially those mowers. No amount of being careful can prevent catching a rock, timing just doesn't work out sometimes.