View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariouskater View Post
So now I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Savage got back to me and gave me the number for their Canadian center.
I contact them and find out they are rimfire only. They tell me to contact Grech Outdoors who did the original servicing.

Contact Grech and the gunsmith says to try cleaning my chamber with a .410 brush. If that doesn't work mail it back to them to machine re-polish everything. Said it sounds like my chamber is what they call "Black" or "so dirty its one step before rusting"..... I have less then 50 rounds through this gun since the day I bought the thing. It has been kept well maintained and dry first in a sealed case with moisture absorbers then in a safe with the same.

I'm going to try a different type of ammo in the hopes it is just a factory ammo that the gun doesn't like.

If that doesn't work then I guess its back to Savage again to step up the game.
You are being fed a load. They already had the gun back once to fix the chamber, are they saying they didn't do it right? How in the hell does it now have a "Black" chamber. That isn't even a gun term I have ever heard in 55 years of shooting. You are clearly way easier going than I am, this would have got stepped up on this phone call. I would not be burning more powder and expense to try and sort out a gun that is clearly not put together right. I can't think of a gun that would not shoot factory ammo, might not group great, but feed and eject, no problem. If their gun won't shoot factory ammo it is the guns fault, not yours. Best of luck, whatever you decide.