View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Ordered another game getter for the 350 I thought some shotshells wouldn't mess them up so much. Trying to use Kentucky windage for head shots is a little tricky in the forest and with the game getters you only get one shot. I shoot for the neck area but a 338 ball going sideways through the breast makes a big feathery hole.
That is why I like the regular brass loaded with Trail Boss and round balls. They make for a lot faster reloads than re-rigging the game getter. You can also play with the amount of powder to get it to shoot exactly below point of aim. With most plex scopes I set the load to hit right where the plex goes from thin to fat. For Mildot or other types of marked reticle I set the load velocity to hit first Mildot or whatever the first mark is below the crosshair is at 20 yards. You can easily get 35 calibre balls, they are actually .36 but work fine, from any muzzle loading shop. (Triple 0 buck is also .36 if you can find that) The pure soft lead squeezes down real easy and gets a good spin from the rifling.