View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
If you really believe in freedom and free speech then all the stuff about respecting his religious beliefs or him being "true to himself" doesn't mean a darn thing.

There's tons of religious beliefs and cultural beliefs I don't agree with, and more than anything, I value my freedom to not like them and my freedom not to respect them.

And saying he's being "true to himself"? Anybody can be true to themselves for anything under the sun. You could be being "true to yourself" about some really nasty crap, or being "true to yourself" compels you to feed the poor. What the heck does that even mean?

Anyways here's to true freedom. He is totally free to go or not go on the ice with rainbow tape on his stick, say whatever he wants about homosexuality, and I'm free to say I think he's a jerk for making the choice he made.

That's the freedom we need to be on guard for
Unfortunately it appears the only freedom that seems to go unquestioned is the freedom to call someone a jerk for not blindly following the masses because that is what is expected.