View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:01 AM

I am new to this thread, i have read some of the shorter posts and some of the longer ones was like blah, blah, blah. I live in slave lake, so i am around a fair share of natives, in fact my wife is native. I am a whitey and she could be of metis status but never applied for it. I always ask her to go for it and she could take me hunting,lol...just kidding. Her mom is full treaty, so i guess i am a neutral or medium so to speak in this thread. I always ask my wife why she never got her status, and she replies WHY. Why should i have advantages over anyone else, i have had a good education, good home, there have been hard times, but i didn't have to make any sacrafices that any other canadian has had to make...what makes me so special. She has a point. So i have a question to the metis that are in on this discussion, and keep in mind i am a neutral... is there any sacrafices that you have made to deserve advantages. The story of the little old lady in the wheel chair that couldn't hunt...well yes she probably made some sacrafices in her time, but in 2010 what are they?

I would also like to say on my personal belief, that when i am hunting and come accross a moose with only 2 hind quarters and the tongue missing is a total disgrace to the sport, and yes i see a fair share

Thanks just my 2 bits...carry on!!!