View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last2shoot View Post
This is directly from Cabela's "privacy officer"
----------------------------------------------------
Cabela’s Canada does not keep a ledger of retail firearm sales for non-restricted firearms which includes your person information such as your name or address. We do keep your PAL # associated with a non-restricted firearm purchase only to prove if challenged that we sold the firearm to an individual legally able to purchase the firearm with a non-expired PAL # at the time. These firearm records are not available to any outside agency with a court order and are not shared with the Canadian Firearm Center. As you are aware – CFC has no authority to mandate any recording or reporting to them of any non-restricted firearm sales records. As a valued customer at Cabela’s Canada we safe guard any sales record, firearms related or not, to the highest standards of security.
---------------------------------------------------------

First, the PAL # is kept with the serial number and information of the firearm.
The PAL # of course leads directly to YOU.
Secondly, court orders can get anything from anybody, even the PM office. So Cabela's is full of sh*t.
Thirdly, the liberals will create new laws that will mandate Cabela's to turn over the PAL # and firearm registration.

Lastly, the firearm act specifically states that no information needs to be recorded for non-restricted firarms:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regula...38/page-1.html

By keeping your PAL# Cabelas is obviously trampling on your privacy rights, and is more worried about public perception in case of an event and not you, their customer. As long as people keep buying guns from Cabelas without complaint Cabelas will keep violating your rights. Let's be clear, there is NO law requiring them to keep your PAL#. All they have to do is verify it at the time of purchase. Cabelas is doing this voluntarily.

I just ordered 2 rifles, one is in the store now waiting for me to pick up. The other is on the way. But now that I have 'cleared' up any misconceptions, I am not picking either rifle up and am in search of more honest retailers.
I have never purchased a firearm from Cabela's. and I have no plans to ever do so,