View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Default Intro / Looking for partner

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a little bit now, and finally decided I should introduce myself.

I'm 26 live in Cochrane, work in South Calgary (heritage & Mcloud). I'm interested in all types of hunting, birds and big game. I've hunted grouse and the like back home in Northern MB, but haven't hunted anything since I moved out to Calgary for school about 8 years ago.

I've got a 4 month old choc lab pup that I'm hoping to train to retrieve, he seems to be doing good so far, but I'm almost to the limits of what I know how to train, but I ordered a couple books so we'll see how that goes.

Now for the hunting, I currently don't own any guns (just sent in the paperwork on my PAL). I'll be purchasing a 12 gauge, and maybe a BLR .300WSM (ideal but will probably looking for something used) before fall.
I plan on hunting some grouse by myself with the dog this fall, but would love to go with someone for ducks, geese and/or something bigger. No draws for me, but would be perfectly happy to tag along as a spectator/extra pair of hands. And if that sounds good to anyone, feel free to PM me and we can hook up for a beverage or two anytime.

I've got a truck, camping junk etc. Might buy a 12' aluminum boat soon as I finish my bathroom reno. GFs father has a quad I can borrow as well.

I'm also interested in fishing, though I know this is the hunting forum. I've never done much river fishing being from MB, but I'm planning on learning to fly fish over the summer as well.

Anyhow that was probably more long winded than I'd intended.

Have a great day everyone,

__
S