View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushlover View Post
Group of us at work have been going to Winefred Lake Lodge for past 5 years but looking to change things up and looking for a new spot as value has gone down since newest owners took over.
We are looking for something within 8-12 hour drive from Calgary (Pike/Walleye/Lake Trout). We don't want full service, just a cabin with boats/fuel and ability to cook our own meals. Would like to be able to cook some of our catch (especially Walleye) so Saskatchewan is attractive. Any suggestions? Would prefer smaller, out of the way lodges as opposed to big commercial operations.
Tobin Lake, SK is within 12 of Calgary (should work out to around 9 to 9.5 hr's from Calgary) I've rented cabins there a few times.

There are privately owned cabins for rent as well as two resorts with cabins. No lake trout that I know of in Tobin but there are some really nice walleye (ie: double digits if you get lucky) and some real big pike. My bro caught a 25+ lb pike on a walleye rig (ie: no metal leader) and we actually put him in the net and recovered the hook before putting him back in the water.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***