View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 07:06 AM

I took a reloader course this spring,,, I can't share on how it's done due to the copy right thing,,, and those who choose to learn this stuff are more than welcome to PM me for details on who offers this training...

I agree that our measuring tools go through a test to make sure there up to task,,, and the little tricks of the trade to confirm this...

Those of us that attend course 2 of the 4 offered this year learned a neat trick to get the most out of the concentric dial gauge that most folks over look...

The trick is to get less then 0.001 run-out,,, 0.0075 is good,,, 0.0050 is way awesomeness... Ha... Staying just below the 1 is tricky with the frugal gauging tools I have...

I agree,,, if I get 1 thou run-out or a fraction below the 1,,, I'm good to go...

Using the ideas we learned at the Reloader course II was well worth the funds as it dosen't cost alot of money so long as the gauging tools are calibrated for the job...

There are lots of other factors that play a more important role in """my""" hunting, shooting, and ammo loading category then over thinking just 1 factor then the others...

Today is the simple old school ladder test to get my new pipe to luanch booltiz into a tight water-line,,, best so far with the now broke in barrel is a 2 1/2" spread from 14 shots at 400 yards,,, Ha... Of course I had to miss count my shots to remind me that CDO is part of my game plan...

Cheers from the Eastern Slopes of Alberta

👍