View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I pulled everything yesterday and then set one farm where the farmer is worried he's got a coyote problem. Calving season is coming so I'll give it until the end of the season and try to help him out. I'm not convinced he's got many around but we'll see. I finished up with about 80 this year. Not bad considering my late start and reduced effort this year.
Ever notice that coyotes aren't an issue until calving season and beavers are not an issue until they start knocking down trees in preparation for the winter?

On Friday I got a call from a rancher that is calving now and he was frantic about his coyote problem. I drove out to have a look but his home quarter was better suited for footholds than snares. I noticed what was left of a carcass in his yard and suggested that he dispose of it elsewhere because it was attracting coyotes. That's when he told me about his dead pit on another quarter a km away. Long story short.....I put up 20 snares there.

I only have one other baitsite left besides that one to basically use up the last of my bait. When it's gone in this warm weather, or the coyotes aren't worth trapping anymore, the snares are coming down.