View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
This is the form letter you will get..if you own restricteds and want to renew an RPAL and do not send in a proof of membership at time of renewal....and no where do they flat out tell you to provide it, so it just causes you more delays...

Here is the letter I received in respects to having a range membership before they would issue me my RPAL....

NOTICE WHERE IT SAYS..."Failure to respond to this notice may result in the rejection of your license application"

Have a read.....basically they are saying I NEED to have a range membership....this is what I got from the letter, correct me if I am wrong.

LC

In my dealings with the administration they wanted me to declare shooter or collector; they want one or the other. I did not get the letter you received I was still talking with the office, but your letter is what was communicated to me. I had a range membership but I had to be a collector or shooter not just own the item. I wish I had received a letter.

So you are going to be a collector or a shooter, once they get you classified you can deal with transport permits.

This is why whenever this type of question comes up I truly do not know what is correct, when it transition from the FAC to PAL in my situation I indicated I was a shooter not a collector, it was in the application.

Now when this question comes up and a person has no classified item and has applied for a PAL with conditions I assume range association is not a concern they don’t own any thing yet. I am making another assumption now at the time the individual applies for the PAL with conditions they probably ask purpose collector or shooter.

So the only correct answer would appear to declare your intent to the CFO and ask for direction.

I am about to renew my PAL I have not received the renewal but the last time I renewed it did not ask for my association with a range and yes it was delayed because I did not include this. After my call, I did not receives notification they said I did not include range membership. I asked why , they asked are you a collector or a shooter, they didn’t know whether they should include a transport permit. It’s a game and if you are better then the administrators you will have success.