View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scel View Post
Except for the dead of winter (where fish will stack in an area), the humbling thing about the Bow River is sheer size means that I cannot tell you 'a spot'. If you happen to catch fish, that spot may or may not hold fish 2 weeks later.
So true! I watched a fly fisher across the river from me last year catching 22-23 inch bows all evening while I caught 1 and a lost one. We chatted back and forth that evening and I found what he was using, how much lead, and obviously knew the exact spot and time/date. Etc. etc.

I go back this year on the same date (yes, one year later…) and have both of us setup with the same fly, same time of day, same date. Etc, etc. I tell him watch this…

2 hours later I’m still saying watch this…but more like “watch…this?”. Not a
sniff. And we covered not only that run but the one just below as well. Meanwhile, across on the other side of the river where I was the year before, 3 people are all taking turns catching nice fish…sigh.

True story. I know a year later is a lot to expect same thing. Especially when the weather alone is so drastically different from 2016 to 2017…not even considering a ton of other factors. But, it made me chuckle at myself and keeps me coming back more humble