Thread: delete
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
I've been doing this for a long time, so not really worried what people think or if they watch them or not. But I don't want comments or people reading your comment and believing this garbage because I like seeing the other guys videos and I know how much work it is. I don't want them to stop. So this is to Set the Record Straight.

I will not miss posting here if the administrators don't want me to post here. Seriously isn't worth my time posting a link. I do it because I like making the videos and enjoy sharing the adventures. It's always up to people whether they want to watch or not.

If you don't believe me I'm probably one of the few guys who makes a few cents off the videos. You either need 1000 Youtube Subscribers or 4,000 hours (thats 166.6 days straight viewing time a year) of watch time within the past 12 months to qualify for monetization. Everyone who doesn't have that does not even qualify to make a cent. They get nothing.

Just FYI, I thought you and others would like to see the actual stats. I looked up the last analytics from my Kokanee video with the kids.

There are currently = 1031 views total.
The number of views from www.outdoorsmenforum.ca = 70 (seventy)

Percent of views 6.7% (which will diminish to almost nothing as time progresses as more views build up organically)

Current video earnings. $2.60

6.7% of that is $0.17 (17 cents).

Considering I took at least 4 to 5 hours editing the video that is a whopping... wait for it..... drum roll.... 3.4 cents per hour of editing.

JR you are right. I must thank you and everyone here for contributing to my retirement fund.

To fish the lake I drove 4 hours each way, stayed in a hotel over night. You do the math. If you still think it's for the money you may want to start your own channel!

Best of luck.

I'm ok with whatever Admin says. They say goodbye, I'll say seeya. No hard feelings. I know how online media works though. Traffic is everything. You tell people to stop posting and leave your forum, Guess what happens?

Click that link to see Kids Killing Kokanee haha - https://youtu.be/3vIi2l5yQnE
I saw that one guy suggested it the forum, the op, and there was nothing but support for the videos that was posted in the reply’s, none of the mods have kicked in which would imply their support, relax a bit would ya