View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Hey Dago no problem

I wanted to wait to alittle later so we can assign duties to people who reconfirm their participation, like any event i expect no shows or people cancelling.

But a Rough agenda is a good idea for discussion. A firm highly detailed letter to volunteers will be made closer to event day.

TFG is in charge of the tent and cook house facilities so He will assign a EARLY to show gang to set up the necessary equipment.

A another EARLY to show team will be asked to drill and clean holes. My initial thoughts are to ask guys with 8 inch power augers to bring their augers. I feel a 8 inch hole is much safer than anything larger. The team will need to drill in a grid pattern to accomodate tents with cameras, tip up holes and holes for kids to fish from. I expect we will require 150 holes. I want the holes to be a mix of tip up holes, tent / camera rotation holes and regular kids fishing holes. Its hard at this time to draw out the grid without knowing who is really showing up and who will bring tents, cameras and tip ups.
Its been discussed that a Day before team be made to drill the grid the day before and sleep on the ice.....depending on temps and refreeze situation.
Biggest priority is to look like a cool in control group when those buses pull in at 10 am, with tents and cameras set up. I want all tip ups next to holes but not fishing. I want all the kids ice outfits laying next to the holes ready to fish. All fishing outfits are provided by Normark Canada and a very generous donater who wants his name unprinted.
We will have a bait station set up and all fishing guides will carry a bag of cutbait. All fishing volunteers will be provided a unique high visibility cap so the kids can easily itentify us.
I ask all fishing guide volunteers to bring pliers for releasing fish.
Sliver86 is bringing volunteers for the food serving and preparation. All food servers will be required to wear latex gloves. This facility will be open from 10 am to closing at 3pm and food and beverages will always be available
Our goal is safety first and second that all kids catch a fish and have fun. Special consideration will be given to those kids not catching fish with their ice rods to have priority to tip ups with flags up.

At he closing of the event participation prizes will be given to the kids and gifts will be given to the clubs.
Group pictures and good byes are said.

All teams will then cleanup and tear down, till the place is spotless. With 40 volunteers i expect this wont take long.

Draw prizes for volunteers and a possible burger or beef on the bun apprecitaion supper is in dicusssion now.

So as a summary, i need all guides to bring pliers and many lawn chairs as possible.Those wishing to provide tents and cameras for the kids pleasure will be asked to bring those itemsThose people with 8 inch augers will be assigned to the drill team. And be prepared to be servants to the young kings and queens of the event.
you need not bring any terminal tackle i have secured all that is needed.

So realistically if you can provide any items above and beyond pliers and lawn chairs...its highly likely you will be assigned to a EARLY SHOW TEAM

Thanks everyone
One thing I'd like to ammend - nitrile gloves will be provided for food service, as many people have allergies to latex. I'm sure I could get these donated very easily by an AHS manager out there