View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I don't think I'd climb too high on my horse over witnessing a dry fire. I saw one of the most experienced shooters in the province dry fire his compound. We were yakking and he simply forgot to put an arrow on. With a compound and all the gizmos in your face it's easy to not see that there's no arrow there. If it was a recurve or a longbow I'd be scratching my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup I even shot my ram rod out of my muzzleloader once so ya in the shooting sports things happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Yep, seen it several times myself and unfortunately made the blunder as well on a new Prime Alloy while setting the peep height. Just wanted to make "1" more adjustment but all 3 of my arrows were already in the target. Drew back to check the adjustment I just made and for some stupid reason I just continued with my "shot sequence." Broke the string but other than that the bow was ok.
i agree guys everyone makes mistakes weather it is in the heat of the excitement or just a foolish blunder. only 2 people don't make mistakes those who do nothing or those that are to afraid to admit it. why rag on another outdoorsman just be happy no one was hurt.

mack