View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:59 PM

Talking Ever see a dry fire right beside you?

I was shooting yesterday, and this poor guy draws back after talking to someone else, aims, steadies, and I am thinking ok, he just came back from tightening a rattle, he must be checking to see......

BANG!!!

Big wide eyes and he is looking to see what exploded!

I had a second or 2, had JUST opened my mouth to ask if he was going to let loose without an arrow, but I thought this guy competes, has on a prostaff shirt and a $3500 setup, nope whak done.

Things got very loud for the 1/5th second when the bow shouted at him then absolutely silent for about 15 seconds as we all looked to see what exploded, looking for parts and blood. None anywhere

APA Pit Viper I think he called it. He shot a few arrows then went outside for a while after putting everything away. Poor bugger.

The lady running the lanes (for the children in there) said he should be more careful, then said 'well it happens to everyone at some point'.

I disagree, 40 years never once for me.

I am glad nothing exploded, apparently APA makes a pretty good bow. I have seen the dry fire videos from full draw, sure never want to do it though.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....