View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Apparently I know the area better and so does everyone else I know that hunts and fishes that area. Alder Flats is a hamlet so no, not a lot of lease land in Alder Flats and those 100 or so local residents have likely got all the good spots locked up anyway. You certainly wouldn't want to check out the miles of forest south on both sides of the high way right to RMH. Too many lions and bears and wolves, Oh My! Even if you survive that, you will probably melt from the rain or be eaten alive by bugs!

"Quadding in the back country is limited due to the lack of trails"

This is a good thing.

"very poor numbers of geese if your comparing i to anything even east of buck lake !"
I am sure if the OP can afford recreational land, he will have a vehicle capable of getting him the 12 km to Buck Lake and beyond. Like I mentioned in my post, most all of us need to do some driving to find a shoot.

"Im not looking for prime hunting country,
what i do there is my own business , I paid for what i have and enjoy it"

Maybe just leave it at that. I can also assure you that what you do there is indeed your own business and there is not a lot of places in the province where you can say that anymore. I am sure the OP is also looking for a place where he can mind his own business and maybe do a little hunting and stuff.
Actually i would suggest anywhere between Sylvan lake and rocky as great place ,lots of great fishing ,loads of lease and crown land ,it has an abundance of all wildlife and the taxes are far more affordable than most . and apparently the folks in that area are not so back ward and do not own banjos.
So i will leave it at that and wish the OP good luck on his land acquisition efforts.