View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
the hunting was ok 6 years ago or so, heavily hunted by local folks ,closely nit community with very limited access on private land as most is posted, easy access to the west crown for sure though again heavily hunted by folks from rocky to drayton and Edmonton to red deer due to the early rifle season.
small elk herd roams the area though heavily guarded on private land I know this fact as i have land in alder flats. crime is high as everywhere and police response is a week away usually , i know ive been hit 3 times .
Been here 12 years and the rains are heavy and the winds blow like pincher creek all summer . snow stays until may and as said before its a mosquito nest !
There are better areas for sure,though im here to stay .
Oh yeah there are deer though nothing to hang on a wall now, elk are a 3 pt at best with 1 or 2 a year being taken, a few small moose and quite a few cougar roam around the place along with a medium pack of wolve.
not may but a few grizz have frequented ,but hell of a lot of coyote ,but again all private access mostly.
You forgot to warn about all the open wells, discarded barbwire and feral bull that frequent the area.