View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
Actually I find it quite the opposite in AB. In Ontario I rarely saw a CO doing enforcement where here I see CO's out regularly doing patrols and checks. As for the bio's you and I will not see what they are doing unless we get involved and volunteer to participate in community fisheries programs. I used to be involved in them years ago and took part in things like Walleye egg collection, rearing pond maintenance, stocking, feeding Rainbow Trout fry at community run hatcheries, Ounaniche(landlocked Atlantic salmon) reintroduction, night watch on walleye spawning grounds etc. Then you work alongside the bio's and get to see what goes on behind the scenes. Community fishery programs better serve anglers than waiting on the gov't to commit to the fishery 100% but it takes volunteers. You'd be amazed what can be accomplished by doing so.
Maybe your neck of the woods....we got one to cover a huge area....sad

I do agree that programs work with people working together and at the end of the day just because it is legal to do doesn’t always mean it is right so we can play a big part just by doing the right thing and in cold lakes laker program let them go and grow.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...