View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Default Easiest trout pond or lake close to Calgary

Hello folks, I'm a new angler that's learning a lot of this new hobby, I live in Calgary and I started fishing in april. I've been skunked most of my trips, I just had some success at chestemere with 4-5 pikes just under the legal size, but as one member said :" if you can't catch one there with a spoon aiming at the grass find another hobby".

So I've been looking like crazy for tips and advice for catching trout, I already have some spoons and spinners and a Rapala Shad c-9 I think, so I'm more familiar to spining now than anything else. I saw several videos on how to set up a bait rig, I'm going to try that as soon as I can.

So that's my introduction, now the question, what's the best trout Lake or pond close to Calgary that I can fish in? I'm starting to get frustrated and I just want a good day where I can take home a few fishes, just as I promised the wife. On top of that July 6&7 are the family and friends no fishing license required day, so I want to take my brother and have some success to see if the fishing bug gets to him.

I already went to Dickson dam but it was too early in the season, the trout pond was covered by Ice; I went to chain lakes in but got skunked (late April), I went to chestemere and was successful only with pike as I mentioned, and last weekend a buddy and I hit the sheep river near black diamond bit the current was very strong and the water was extremely murky so I just casted for an our just for the sake of it but obviously got skunked again.

So I'm really looking forward to hear some advice, I want some trout dinner!