View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 PM

Guys, Andrew and Chuck are dead nuts correct here. I’ll be the first to admit that I struggled with getting my head around this concept and eventually ended up having to prove it for myself. Tall target tests showed the proof in the pudding.

I think the way I would try and explain this to someone would be to use grid paper for simplicities sake. Draw yourself a reticle. Standard duplex, hold over - whatever your flavour is. This represents your leveled scope and reticle. Pick an arbitrary mark below your reticle and off to the side. This would represent a canted rifle bore. Not to be confused with a canted reticle. Assume the rifle and scope are zeroed to one another. Your canted rifle will be a constant as well as your levelled reticle. Now draw a vertical line coming from the center of your reticle up, representing a hold over whether dialled or using the reticle. Draw a vertical line straight up from your arbitrary mark representing the center of your bore. It will be exactly the same distance center of reticle to center of bore as far up as you care to carry it. Regardless of rifle cant, if your reticle remains level then your cant will also be constant and will follow one another respectively.

Like I said, I’m the first to admit I struggled with it too.

Last edited by Big Lou; 02-03-2019 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Punctuation