View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Default Nope not totally true

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
It's has nothing about elitism. It's about definition and results.

A crossbow IS more efficient hunting. I've hunted in seasons with crossbow hunters in archery seasons and it is easier. I own crossbows and I can pick one up months after the last time and do the same thing I did months ago. I can shoot a crossbow from positions that it's physically impossible to shoot a bow from. You can skip the prep and the draw, etc, etc.

Why do crossbow enthusiasts desire to be included? They can do what they like as the law now allows.

We have to have the restriction to limit the percentage of the harvest. That's what this discussion is actually about. Why do the crossbow people have to act like this is a white privilege/#metoo victim scenario.

The idea that the spike in harvest and persistence of crossbow hunters being temporary then arguing that they're enthusiasts is ridiculous.

I can tell you my harvest rate with a crossbow vs a compound or traditional setup would be much higher. I'm not exceptional but I am persistent and that's why I have been successful with a bow. Why wouldn't this be the same for crossbow enthusiasts that refuse to commit to archery to enjoy the benefit of the current season.

In a true debate the arguments made for crossbows being included in the current system and being sustainable will fail under the weight of the facts on how it has worked where crossbows are included. These aren't predictions, it's how it's works.

It's not a hate for crossbows; it's a desire to keep the privilege as it is and not ruin it for the sake of a few "enthusiasts" that apparently won't persevere anyway (not my prediction). If I had to go purely traditional in my archery equipment to see an increase in that privilege and opportunity I'd set my compound aside as well.
You are all over the map.
All pieces of archery equipment be it a traditional bow, compound bow or cross bow have thier strengths and weaknesses based on the type of hunting they are applied to.
Why can't the privilidge be shared? Traditional bow hunters that are dedicated to this type of archery share with compound bow hunters....harvest rates increased with the easier of the two being introduced and all got along...or didn't but either things moved forward...as they will again.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...