Thread: Thieves
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:19 PM

Question

If the cameras alert me to someone in my garage and I am not horribly outnumbered after I call the RCMP and the guys in the community watch I am going in swinging. Bat, stick, butt end of something that makes sharp noises but I am not going to watch them drive away with my hard earned belongings. As someone said before, why would I pay $1000 deductible to rebuy something I bought once?
I have a very easy to steal 2003 F250 7.3 sitting outside. Very easy in summer, not so much now in the cold not plugged in and no batteries. I might even run some new positive battery cables to a hidden ground somewhere, or to a very loud siren.
I need to find out some way to make the ones in the garage unable to move but easy for me if I need to respond to a call. Bars on the windows and disabling the manual door release is another good idea. Putting the forklift in front of another diesel outside keeps it in place.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....