View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Don't know how many of you have actually used a crossbow but I have and lots. The shorter light bolts lose energy and drop much faster than an arrow out of a compound. A crossbow is not nearly as effective as people might think. My imposed limit is 30 yards. At 40 yards my bolt is dropping like a rock. I've seen people shoot compounds out to 60 yards with some success. You couldn't dream of doing that with a crossbow. If someone says you can they either don't have a clue or else must have something much more magical than mine & mine is a mid level excalibur. Seems like some people think a crossbow is instant success. To be very honest, if I could use a compound I would never consider a crossbow, not even close!!!
OK. I'll bite again. coughbscough. Do you have a scope on your Excalibur? You know, the scopes that Excalibur has made with their logo on them? The BDC scopes that come with a 20/30/40/50 yard reticle. Maybe you do shoot a lot as you claim? If your self imposed limit with an Excalibur crossbow is 30 yards I suggest you team up with another crossbow shooter and compare notes. Honing skills on the interweb is not going to cut it. You have a place in SG for me to come over with my Excalibur crossbow? I'll shoot at targets 100 yards away......bench rest. An offhand 60 yard shot with a crossbow is a yawn.

Why do people low-ball crossbows? They are very good at what they do. Excalibur makes excellent crossbows.