View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
first, you missed my point that in the real world it doesnt really matter. in hunting situations especially it doesnt matter.

second, the point is still valid. maybe not to the extent some would like it to....but it is real.

and third...im guessing you havent shot a crossbow? if you had, you would know that past about 30 yards, that bolt drops like a rock in comparison to the full length arrow. given a range finder and proper sights, you can still hit a target no problem, and with plenty of momentum to make a kill....but most guys dont have the skills to do it consistently.

either way, the point is very simple in why the bolt loses its velocity faster. shoot one sometime and you will see it for yourself. im glad i had the opportunity to take one hunting while i lived in BC. i learned a lot about the myths of crossbows when i actually got to use one. before that i really did believe the long range deadly legends about them.
lol

Quote:
im guessing you havent shot a crossbow?
4" group at 100 yards. Crossbow myths.........that is a myth itself. Drops like a rock...................stop it. That is bunk.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=180316