Thread: Bergara rifles
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
They seem to be a very well thought out rig, and they are making some splash in the US (B14 Timber model specifically). The quality of the wood, fit and finish etc. are definitely in the $1200 range. The folks with guns in hand are comparing the quality to the older two lug Sakos.

I'd be interested in one eventually under those circumstances; their barrels are very good shooters.

Some detractors (as seen hear) haven't seen one and are making obscure comparisons already.

I'd say engineering an action for production that combines popular and effective features with modularity is smart.
please explain how an action with a floating bolt head is not like a savage??? At a $3000 us price range I don't want a design built to cheat crappy workmanship. But hey if that's what your into that's fine. A $1200 Rem knock off with nice blueing and nice wood is something I could get behind.
As far as bolt action rifles go there is really nothing new, it's all been done before.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper