View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:11 PM

October will be nice. Cool to climb but hopefully no snow that makes it slippery. These climbs are gruelling. You will hope you get one the first day so you don’t have to go back up there kind of climbs. Guides will carry you rifle and gear. They will give you a stout wood walking stick that will help, everywhere you go is straight up or a 45 degree side hill. Bring supplies to medicate your feet if needed, thankfully my feet were hard from previous hunts.

Be prepared for longer shooting. It’s wide open 4-600 yard shooting will be normal. Depending on your guide, look over the rams yourself because the first band you see the guide will be saying “shoot, shoot, shoot” my guides weren’t hunters and didn’t know how to play the wind. You may need to take charge at some point during the stalk. The guides are the toughest guys I’ve ever met, local goat herders.

While up there hunting your above the clouds. The air is thin and it is noticeable on the lungs. The tur have an amazing coarse wooly cape which should be in nice shape in October. Once your there the option to shoot a second one seems cheap have to see what mood the outfitter is in. Everything there seems to work on bribes.

Get your stamina up for climbs and pounding vodka.