View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 07:55 AM
AO Sponsor

I don’t recall that conversation? But I’ve had many such conversations. I wouldn’t do the vinigar thing. Beware of uncontrolled PH. It might dry just fine but will the hair stick after tanning?

The fellow to ask would be “Matthew the Awesome” from International fur dressers. About the vinigar thing... about anything. He is all knowing on tanning, in fact he’s even more knowledgeable than the odd all knowing individual on these forums that we like to read!!!

Think salt!!!

Salt is awesome stuff. If you are sending a skin to the dressers then pour the salt on it, especially to the ears and feet. If anything is carcassy then clean it down real good and pour the salt to it.

The best trick I know of to use on a carcassy skin is to clean it down 100% with your wire wheel fleshing machine, it grinds with water and literally grinds and washes the bad bacteria/enzymes/filth and makes it pretty. Easy as pie. No sloppy 1 hour put up jobs in this shop. I did a wolf the other night for a guy and we even ate some pie... Saskatoon pie!!! It was awesome!!!

Oh ya, green-ness carcassy-ness... pour the salt and if it is salvageable you will salvage your skin. We should be pouring the salt to the ears, lips, head, feet and DO NOT dry anything skin on skin, such as ears against head, legs against body, etc.