View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
You join the discussion late, and then add a bunch of smart aleck comments that add nothing to the discussion. This is the quintessential definition of trolling. Please go troll somewhere else.

79 Ford's decision to rent in the current environment, and the past few years actually makes a whole bunch of sense. It leaves him bags of money to invest in something with a much higher rate of return that having bought the house he is renting.

Hunting4

You got in at a good time, prices from 1995 to 2005 were much lower than what they became by 2102. You owned through a period when rental demand and rates were high and when house prices were rising quickly due to a shortage of supply. The house I bought in Calgary in 2004 tripled in value by the time we sold it in 2012.

Now going into retirement you truly will have a good steady income to rely on. I have never said you can't make money in renting residential properties, my point was, now is not the time to be buying in, at least in the Alberta market. House prices need to come down a whole lot more so the rental income lines up with the price a whole bunch better.

We are going to be a long time before we see major gains in house prices here in Alberta, and current rents don't amortise the current purchase prices, let alone if interest goes up 2 or 3%. If we were talking about buying rentals in Kelowna or Toronto, whole different discussion.
Whatever you say lol. 79ford hasn't posted his returns so you can't assume he's making money Many people have investment money in the past few years. If he'd show his gains id believe him