View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
You gotta think if you spend 400k to make 15-20 k per year in rent before expenses, time and head ache then compare that to some investments that earn 3-5% per year and 12-20k per year free of expenses....

Myself as a renter have had rent reduced and there are soo many properties for rent these days it would take days to go through the thousands and thousands of vacancies in my area.... on kijiji there are soo many rental ads i dont really get much past a few days history because going through a month worth of postings would take forever.

I got a free month and reduced rent plus satelite etc included now and i could still go find another place to shave another 200-300$ per month off if i wasnt so lazy when it comes to moving.

Seems like it would be a tough slog as a landlord, sloppy house prices, declining rent, rental vacancies increasing and house prices despite seeing some level or down factor are still about as expensive as they were a few years back yet the rental market is glutted out

True, except I don't pay $400 000. I pay 20% of that, $80 000. You cover the costs, the property makes a marginal profit, and appreciates.