View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 08:30 PM

I fish and love to do so, as it has become as serious addiction of mine. I do own a dirtbike, I have it insured and registered as per the law. I also use it in the areas where it is supposed to be used. Sadly, there are those that abuse the system and do wreck the environment (irresponsible OHV users as well as poachers). Both sets call themselves 'responsible' OHV users and 'outdoorsmen' when they are both not even close, you know it and I know it. I will use my OHV to get to a point down a trail, and proceed to walk to reach other areas if it means bush-wacking or creating creek crossings. Foot traffic has less of an impact than a 200lb bike or 500lb quad with 'mud tires' that I know for certain.

I go to creeks and streams where the trail crosses the waterbody as that is where the trail was broken in many years ago. I will stick to that crossing be it on foot or on OHV, not make a new one, nor will I wade straight up a waterbody due to the possibility of reeds to suit myself. If both sets of groups truly cared about the protecting the waterbodies, environment, and recreational activities they would practice common sense (sadly not to common these days).

Areas have been shut down due to abuse/loss of the environment and will be so should it continue. For those that are saying "Don is just mad as quads get further that he can on foot..." Those comments are asinine and uncalled for. He is expressing concern for the environment and if you think that you will reach further fishing areas, you won't as those areas will be shut down to all (OHV users and fishermen). See no further than Upper Mons, Pinto Lake, and so on.......Why are they shut down? To protect sensitive areas where native species can breed. Heck, even parts of Fish Creek Park has been closed to mountain bikers on the west end due to some of their environmental impact.

Band together responsibly so we can all enjoy the outdoors and be advocates against those (industry, and land abusers) who don't express the same concern for our lands.

Cheers

Last edited by Quiksilverj76; 08-29-2015 at 08:48 PM.