View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Don't worry Tall Texan. At seven posts on here I doubt you will make 15 before being banned. That is my prediction.

Lannie is another deflection tool. Blame the Government???? Talk about changing the topic to something that no one can put a finger on. How about we solve some of the problems we can before making it a universe of problems. That is how you get things done in any situation.

Do either of you own any land...I'm talking one that is large enough for others to quad on? If you did, you would realize (1) the damage the do first hand, (2) the "follow the leader" mentality it seems to create for both the good and bad intentioned quaders (e.g. Oh looks, a quad trail, let's use it. Must be fine as others have.), and (3) the lawlessness that ensures, (4) the noise pollution it creates that other users never asked for.

I've met both types on my land. The ones that are bad have their picture taken and sent to the local Sherriff for prosecution and the ones that are actually good or too stupid to know better are confronted with the reality of what they are doing.

I do own a quad and I do not use it for stream fishing. I use it for fencing and other farming activities. I would rather walk a stream and enjoy nature then plow through it on an ATV.

FlyTheory, don't take bake your comments because you are right. People like to deflect the issue and you are making your comments with the best of intention. I like what you said. Thanks.

Thanks to Don as well for bringing this ongoing issue forwards.
Yes I own quite a few different parcels of land, houses and even some grazing leases. Have quads too. I also have Crowsnest river front land I spent the day on today and the only damage I see is from fly fisherman. Don't get me going on what filthy pigs some fly fisherman are with their garbage, empties etc and taking a crap where ever they feel fit. Do all Fly fishers do this? I don't think so and not every ATV rider wrecks the water.
I really do like to look at the over all picture and all contributing factors before pointing out the other users faults like a six year old. Thinking in terms of "we" is much more productive.