View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I say a hearty BS to dudes on this board claiming to shoot offhand at 500 yards and hit a pie plate. A very hearty BS!

When 260Rem posted the offhand challenge, at 100M no less, next to no one was stepping up to the plate.

Lots of big bullshootters if they are claiming 500M off hands on anything resembling a consistent basis.

If someone shows me their videos, I issue a sincere apology.

Something tells me I won't be apologizing anytime soon, but feel free to prove me wrong.
If I had a 500 yard range I would love to take that challenge after a couple of ranging shots. I can frequently (75% of the time) hit a 4" bull on my steel gong at a ranged 377 yards, freehand with a shooting sling, with a few of my rifles (270 wby, 300 wby and 308 Norma). Cat has seen the pics. I leave the scope on 4x and know my loads trajectories. 500 is a long bloody shot for sure. One gust of 10 mph wind and your screwed. I've tried it a time or two but there was always a wind present. This is why I generally don't shoot at game over 200 yards.
Note: My rifles are very well made rifles (Shultz & Larsen & Sako) and my triggers are tweaked to 2-2.5 lbs pull with no creep.