View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
I had one in 45, quickly learned it was almost impossible to aim so sold it. Some of the newer ones have an optional full stock but I would prefer a skeleton folding stock. I also don't like the big lever on some as it is too bulky. The purpose of a Mares leg should be as compact a unit as possible for easy carry.
I also had a Weatherby Platform (similar to a Mares leg but in a bolt action)in 22-250, and even with a scope I couldn't hit anything
When I bought mine at CSC the guy there showed me unique way of aiming it which was the method I found best for the few years that I owned it.
Instead of gripping the forestock with support hand like a “normal” rifle,fold/flex your off arm(I’m a righty,so my left arm) and support the front of gun in the “V” created between your bicep and forearm.Recoil is not an issue,there’s little to no recoil with pistol cartridges(I had .45LC) and its much more comfortable and solid rest then trying to shoot it like you would a full size rifle.